..................Welcome........

12/26/11

How Miss Moussie saved Christmas...with a little help..

How cold this night was...the snow glistened by the light of stars..the moon was white like ice..

A little mouse struggled her way through the shimmering landscape..shivering in her red velvet coat.

In her little hands she firmly held a lantern...so she could shine a pale beam of light on the path she was trying to follow.

-O my goodness.she twittered...how much further will I have to go..there's still no sign of life in this wilderness..I'm ever so worried..

In her mind she already pictured her friends buried under a big pile of snow...
Then...suddenly...a big gust of wind..coming straight from the North Pole....blew out the the candle in Miss Moussie's lantern..and almost froze our little brave moussie into an icy statue..

-O dear....now what...she squeaked in fear...I find things in the darkness to be very suspicious and not to be trusted...!!

For a moment she stood there...staring at the sky....

-The stars ..she whispered ...the stars....follow the stars....l can do this...stars I can trust..they guided people through dark times for centuries..now think little mouse...where's the big bear.....

The night was indigo blue...with like a million twinkling stars...it looked like a picture out of a fairytale book...

-O WOW...twittered Miss Moussie...I thought stars where bright and golden..but there I see one who's RED....that's impossible...and ..and its moving...?

O my goodness....its falling.....and its coming down fast...its heading towards ME....quick I have to hide....

As fast as she could she started digging a hole in the snow.....trying to disappear...but being a mouse wearing red velvet...this wasn't easy to do....

Miss Moussie curled up...and closed her eyes...-.This it it, she twittered....I'm going to be crushed by a star...

-Something landed....very light ..very softly..next to Miss Moussie..in a whirl of fluffy snow...

All was silent.....Miss Moussie didn't dare to move ...

-Then a little voice spoke...sounding like slay bells .....and it said..-.Please !

Please help me little red ball hiding in the snow..please help me..I'm lost...!

Miss Moussie opened her eyes.... peeked her nose out of the snow..and stared in a bright red light....and at the moment her eyes adjusted, she could see that a reindeer was attached to it...

In one big leap Miss Moussie leaped out of the snow.....-Your HIM....she squeaked...Your IT..she twittered....how marvellous, I always wanted to meet you..ever since I was a little mouse..You're Rudolph.....But my dear Rudolph ...forgive me for asking..but shouldn't you be helping Santa tonight...

Then, Rudolf told Miss Moussie that..before going on his journey with Santa to bring presents all over the world.. he wanted to visit the Hilltop....because there....so he read in a French newspaper ..lived a very famous frog named Gustave who could bake imaginary cookies..and he..Rudolph....was a big cookie fan....

Miss Moussie was amazed.....and she told Rudolph her story....about Gustave, Elvira,..and Sir H Hog...being lost in the snow..

Rudolph understood the seriousness of the situation immediately..no Gustave no cookies....and he being a creature with an extremely sensitive nose...he should be able to find our friends in no time at all...

-Hooray..squeaked Miss Moussie...then darling Rudolph...what are we waiting for........I always wanted to fly a reindeer....My friends will not believe their eyes when we pick them up...Lets GOOOOO...

And there they went....Miss Moussie and Rudolph...flying over the Hilltop grounds...

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I'm waiting!!! I'M HERE MISS M.! Come across the great pond, over past New York City, to the upper Midwest and I am waiting. Can you see me? I am waving furiously!!!!

Oh Miss M., you are way, way toooooooo cute. (And I have you in my home. I am so excited!) MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!! Ahhhh...that was good.

Mapi said...

Oh Miss Moussie dit is een groot avontuur ....
In gedachten vlieg ik met je mee.

Rattus Scribus said...

My dear Dutchess,
This is such a charming story. Miss Moussie met Rudolph himself. THE Rudolph. Santa's Rudolph. And they have become friends. I have no doubt that all is well tonight, that Miss Moussie will now fly straight to her destination and then there will be a jolly party with hot tea and steaming buttery biscuits and a warming fire and the warmest and joyous thing of all: the company of good friends.

Three cheers, a hoot and a rrrrr.

Rattus Scribus

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin