..................Welcome........

3/11/12

A Room for a Mole like me....

CLOINK... O My goodness..twittered Miss Moussie when she saw Mr C...because that's who it was...tumble and roll into the kitchen.
.O my goodness....look at the poor fellow..he is frozen...!!!
Whit in seconds our Hilltop friends helped Mr C Mole sit by the fire...pouring hot cocoa into him so he could defrost...a warm pillow wrapped around him...

-Are you feeling better dearest..twittered Miss Moussie..when Mr C was able to move his legs again.
. -I am I am..ttthank yyou..stammered C...while he tried to polish his spectacles ..they were now all steamed up....

-Well,old chap..croaked Gustave..now..please do tell us...in you own time....what happened to you.?.

-Anyone could see that...he got frosted....ha ha...like a cake....said Horatio...and he laughed ever so loud.....HAHAAAAAAAA...

-Not funny Horatio...twittered Miss Moussie..not funny...but she couldn't help hiding a glimpse of a smile from her sweet little moussie's face..

-My dear Mr C..asked the Dutches...How is life in your Labyrinth these days...it must be ever so cold underground...
-Tis Tís..mumbled C...with his defrosting Mole nose in his blanket...I lived the life of an icicle.. I did try to dig deeper and ddddeeper into the ground...but the world was frozen...and then ..me too....!!
...I ques.. .I'm getting old...I'm not the mole I used to bbe...I do hope Spring will arrive soon..

-Hear hear...croaked Gustave....that's what we all are waiting for.....winter was brutal...!!

-Would you be so kind to stay with me...Mr C...and be safe here..in the warmth of the Hilltop Hall and the company of friends...said the Dutchess..and she looked Mr C into his eyes...she believed she saw tears..or...well it could be ice water...!
-Ccould I...I mean...is there room for a little mole like me..

. -A room....haha...well there are a dozen rooms in this Hall....laughed Horatio...you can just pick one... -Horatio...really...can you never be serious...squeaked Miss Moussie...but in a way you are right...I'm sure our dear Dutchess will let you pick any room you like sweet C...

-Then...then I know where I would like to be...said Mr C....come ..follow me....and he walked out of the kitchen...leaving behind a watery trail of footsteps...

A few ours later.....when all was well and quiet at Hilltop Hall again...our dear Dutchess made her round before going to bed...
She checked all the doors...and dimmed all the lights...

except for one...

It was the light of a candle....in the Library.....where C made himself comfortable under a big pile of books...and he was reading...like only Mr C can do..

sssst...lets not disturb him...

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OMGOODNESS. Dearest, you are back. Your beastlettes are back.....I am so thrilled!!! MR. C. looks like me on a rainy day, devouring anything in PRINT!!!! Give him a warm hug from Tea Rat who believes that ANY hot beverage heals all ills!!!

LOVELY LOVELY!! Now off to work. Nita

Palomasea said...

I believe Mr.C has found the BEST place in the house!! Dear Dutchess, I love this so much...beautiful and charming.
Waving to our beautiful little Tea Rat!! :)
Sending love and hopes for Spring!!
xoxo,
- Irina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin