..................Welcome........

2/1/10

Very early....


Monday morning...very early...

Miss Moussie carefully shuffled through an icy garden...the ground was very slippery..She was heading to her Swop Shop...carrying a basket with woollies...Little socks and tiny mittens she knitted herself and she now wanted to swop for handkerchiefs. A lady could never have enough handkerchiefs...They always came in handy when she would occasional drop one to attract the attention of a fine and dandy, strong and manly ,mouse!

-Snow... snow ...and more snow...twittered Miss Moussie ..its ever so difficult to find my way in this snowy garden...How I long for spring to come..

A door opened at Hilltop Hall...our dear Dutchess appeared...while standing in the kitchen doorway she called....'Everybody....tea's ready...and I made waffles for breakfast...

-O,that's just what I need...twittered Miss Moussie...waffles, with whipped cream I hope....And when I'm in the kitchen I also could visit Bell and Beauregard in the cuckoo clock..I wonder how they are..

And there Miss Moussie went...dashing through the snow...shall we follow her into the kitchen....

8 comments:

Rattus Scribus said...

Dear Dutchess,
Visions of tea and waffles in the company of Miss Moussie, I must tell you, brings tears to my beady black eyes. All work and no play, makes Rattus a dull boy. But nothing that a hot cup of Earl Grey and waffles smothered in fresh butter and pure maple syrup can't cure.

Rattus

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Rattus got here before I did; but now everyone is here and can I have chocolate waffles, Miss M.? They are lovely with some creème fraîche on top! And as Rattus described, some good double bergamot Earl Grey would be just fine. Hey Miss M., I will swap you some mittens for some hankies! How I would love to see your little knitting needles!! Bisous, Anita

Unknown said...

What a fine idea for a Monday...a Swop! I'm all about that...a Swop Shoppe for all to enter and browse. Off we go to the hanky rack, spin three times and take your pick. Breakfast is in the air, I'm coming Dutchess...on my way Dutchess, save some for me dear Dutchess...

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Miss M
I just love your coat!
Would there be a spot of tea left for me? I will swap you a handkerchief for a nice cup of tea.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Miss Moussie
Bebe is on her way to Hilltop to pick you up.. She is taking flying lessons today!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I can picture the cozy kitchen with the wonderful smell of fresh waffles. It does sound yummy and oh, how cozy it must be. Wishing you a grand day! Cathy

Karina Schaapman said...

I love your stories

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

My Dear Miss Moussie
There is the cutest flight instructor over at Nowhere! Please tell all your little friends to come see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin