..................Welcome........

9/9/10

Me and Sybill,Sybill and me....


Sybil

Is pronounced SIH-bul. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Sybil is "prophetess, oracle". But of course you knew that....

Today our dear Sybil is sitting very quiet, very high up, in the chestnut tree...we haven't heard her say anything for ours..and that's strange..Our Dutchess decided it was time to go and ask what was wrong...Standing under the tree she called out..

-Dearest Sybil..isn't there any news you would like to share with us..no buzz..no gossip...no rumor..no tittle tattle tales to tell.....
-....
-Please dearest..are you alright..
-.....
-I am sure there is something you would like to share with us..
-I lost it.....I really think I lost it..
-What dearest,do tell,then we all can help you find it...
-...I lost......my sixth sense...its terrible...Now I wont be able to call out very wise,highly regarded and influential pronouncements.. My divine inspiration has left me....
- O dear,I am so sorry to hear that...I do hope your other senses are still where they belong....(now Miss Moussie standing next to the Dutchess started giggling)
-I can hear you...said Sybill irritated...this isn't funny you know..
-O No dear Sybill..its not funny at all..I know how it feels when one's lost his inspiration..it happened to me one day.....
-It did..! And how long did it take to come back,and where did you find it...
-Well,it took some time but I I found it in a spiders web...on a clear gossamer autumn morning...
- So the spider did catch it for you...how marvellous...maybe I should go and ask a spider to go and catch mine too...
-Its very well possible you will find it hidden in something completely different my sweet Sybill....you just have to be patient..and maybe it will even come back to you by its self
-It would..?..Now Sybill started to hop down the branches towards the Dutchess..asking..Could you stay with me for a while until I come back to all my senses...I have the distinct feeling a little chit chat could help..



And there we still are,under the chestnut tree..Me and Sybill,Sybill and me..

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH DEAR! I have never, ever had the pleasure of meeting Sybil, but dearest one...you have lost your inspiration? SOON, there will be new things coming, just keep fluttering your wings and it shall come back to you. I THINK I SAW YOU IN MY WINDOW BOX! Was that you fluttering about? A sweet hummingbird, yes, a COLIBRI....

Unknown said...

Gretta pondered this dilemma that Sybill was in...she had felt the same way herself. Through her many years on the planet she knows of the best remedy and that is chit chat!
A heaping dose of it!
Gretta has been known to loose her marbles, and be at her wits end and in a quandry. All of it, she's been there and done that and takes Sybills side. A friend who understands.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin