..................Welcome........

5/22/11

The source..

It sounded like the biggest rainstorm ever...Miss Moussie never saw a waterfall in her entire moussies life so you can imagine how she felt.. her little heart pounded very very fast..
Miss Moussie followed a bend in the river...and THERE it was...

From high up..between some rocks..the water came plunging down...
-O my goodness..twittered Miss Moussie...what a wonderful sight...and what noise..it almost sounds like thunder....For a minute she was quit overwhelmed by the beauty of this phenomenon..and she almost forgot to breathe....
-I made it ..she twittered with a big happy sigh..I made it...THIS is the source of the Drumble..Phew..I have to sit down for a while....and enjoy this spectacular view..

Miss Moussie sat herself down in the grass of the riverbank....the sun was shining bright...Life was good....And above Miss Moussies head circled a little bird...watching her..then flying away following the Drumble ,gently down the stream....

The Dutchess and Company were now very close in finding Miss Moussie..in a few minutes they are about to reach the river bend...I know it ..and now you know it...but they don;t know it, yet.!....In fact they are very sure the search is leading nowhere...and that our moussie is lost for ever...

There they are..walking in silence...with a heavy heart...
-The Dutchess looked up...seeing nothing but blue skies....sunlight through the treetops...and a beautiful white bird...how lovely..
-There...a little white bird...croaked Gustave..I've never seen such a birdie...anyone...?
Gustave was only asking this to distracted our little Hilltop Company from being so gloomy..
The little white bird swooped down..and flew up again..
-O would you look at that...said Elvira surprised..
Again and again the white bird swooped down...and again and again...it flew up again..
-Its a sign...said C..I see it..its a sign..
-Follow that bird...yelled Horatio...I'm sure its a sign or my name isn't Horatio..there's more between heaven....
-Yes yes...we know that..croaked Gustave...don't dilly dally..This birdie is trying to tell us something..
As fast as there feet were willing to run our company ran following the bird...THERE..a bend in the river....and -O MY GOSH,said the Dutchess- a waterfall....and....-Hallelujah..croaked Gustave.....they found Miss Moussie.....

Well dear reader and friend..you can imagine how happy our little friends were to see our moussie sitting there..safe and sound...
To celebrate the wonderful moment they asked Mr C to take a picture...and so he did..It took some time..but it became one of his HAPPIEST pictures ever made..!!!

What I would like to ad ( as a writer) at the end of this story is this....When you find an old photograph...and you can't recall where it was made...what year..what date..or even what occasion..never mind...Just ask yourself this...are the people on this picture smiling..do they look happy......When everything else is history...what will remain is the expression in their eyes and on their faces...they will share that moment with you for ever and ever..and you will know if they found the source what makes life worth living..love ..!
-“If I could tell you what it meant, there would be no point in finding it...Remember the message in the bottle...we all have to find this source for ourselfs...to understand....

So..when somebody finds this photograph which Mr C made today...in, lets say one hundred years...I'll doubt anyone will remember where or why it was taken...but they will see a merry group of friends ,happy to have found each other,and happy to be in each other's company..and that's all what counts..(lovely detail in the photograph a little white bird flying over their heads.....)


(you can click the picture for a better view)

Here we will end the storytelling..Miss Moussie has some explaining to do,she had to make a promise to Gustave that she will never again go wandering in the wilderness.... and the Dutchess is in a hurry because she is going on a trip ..!

Feel free to visit the Hilltop ...Sir Hog is the gate keeper this time..and I am sure he will let you in....

5 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Dutchess
I am sooooooooo happy they found dear Miss Moussie safe and sound. You know you are right... When I look at old photos I can see a story in each one. So much is spoken in just a ~look~. Wishing you a wonderful trip.. Travel safe.
I just love this dear little illustration!
Blessings,
Penny

Unknown said...

When I am out and about I often see pictures of dogs, people, farms and landscapes that all speak to me in one way or another and it causes my mind to wander. Why, where, when and what was happening? Is it a good or a bad thing that these photo's end up in a thrift store or in the garbage pile? Who, why and where and when did their story unfold? Was it not valuable to them then and why was the decision made to toss out the memory?
In the Victorian era they all look so serious. I wonder if our generation will look serious to others. I doubt it, because little mice and hedgehogs and frogs make humans smile and you have made BIG smiles from your corner of the world. Good photo's indeed where life is glad and happy.
Thanks for writing and sharing...it was a fabulous adventure as always dear Dutch.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AHHHH!!! HERE I AM FROM MY HOME COMPUTER! My school computer would not allow me to enter a comment; and I say again that this is GOOD NEWS...ENCHANTING PHOTO...yes, these characters are smiling for ALL TIMES...no matter how old and forgot the moment might be, the images of smiles lasts for a lifetime dearest, and I will never forget the laughter and joy you bring to us with Miss M.'s adventures!!!! SO GLAD TO HAVE MADE IT HERE TODAY! Nita

Rattus Scribus said...

Bravo! You found Miss Moussie and you are all back together, one big happy family.

Beautiful story. Beautiful picture. Beautiful friends.

Three cheers, and hoot and a rrrr.

Rattus.

P.S., I finally got Tea Rat out of the bath tub where he thought he was captain of the high seas, looking for Miss Moussie.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just HAD to come back; this morning when I saw your comment, I was on my way out and Ruben was waiting on me! MY SWEET FRIEND..to think you took time out of your FLORENCE FUN to see BALZAC...he loves you...he wants to give Miss M. a ride on his back and he will take her all around Paris; Penny has BEBE all dressed up in her own line of clothing..this is too fun.....love you dear friend, Anita

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin