..................Welcome........

12/9/18

Shadows and light..

It was a strange formation standing there on the Hilltop..

A Mouse with a blanket..a Mole with a book..a Dutchess out of breath..a Frog hopping and collecting twigs..an Owl hovering over them ...and look...I believe there's another creature emerging..its a Hedgehog with a box of matches..!

-How in earth are you going to make a fire without matches.. said Horatio...(because that's the hedgehog we can now see standing next to our Dutchess)
-You can now say "Thank you friend Horatio" because I saved your day..here you go... and then he presented his little matchbox.
-Actually..-answered the Dutchess...actually dear Horatio......there is also something else we forgot..!
-What..whispered Miss Moussie...and then a little louder like she was almost shouting...WHAT ?
We have a blanket...and matches and Gustave collected fire wood..so What ..?
Its all we need to make smoke signals...isn't it !?
-No dearest it isn't ...I just thought of it myself...we need WATER..otherwise the blanket will set fire and burn in a second..the blanket  needs to be wet...explained the Dutchess to her woodland friends..who now looked at her in admiration...why didn't they think of that themselves..!

-So...No smoke today.....but..but..uttered Mr Mole...we need to send out a signal..its important..like like...
-Yes...I understand said the Dutchess...and I don't  know HOW its possible but SOMEHOW (maybe by writing this story on a blog) I know that our message already reached the souls of our friends..because look...someone is climbing the mountain..

-Mozes...twittered Miss Moussie..its Mozes...and there our little troop together ran towards a HUGE
enormous big bear to give him the warmest welcome ever......and yes, I know you are here too...by heart...so happy to see you dear reader and friend..You made it..Now the story can continue ..

Shadows and light..

Time went on...
The season changed...soon summer was a memory ..

Our  Dutchess sat in her birds-nest..behind her desk..writing ...she was brewing up a storm of ideas for Christmas...but it wasn't working..Every idea ended up in the wastebasket !
-Why...she mumbled to herself..why can't I come up with one single idea that's outstanding..creative..and funny for our Christmas Eve celebration....and there isn't so much time left for preparations...So many friends will visit..I'm almost getting kind of desperate..

Softly the door opened..a little mouse entered..
It squeaked...( not the door but the mouse) and it said..-I am coming to light the candles ..!

-Goodness..uttered the Dutchess..I didn't hear you come in..but thank you dearests...its very dark in here ...days are short..
-They are...and I saw you sitting in the shadows..in fact the whole house was covered in darkness..I had to find my way through the dark in the garden too...its lantern time..!
-So kind of you to come and watch over me, sighed the Dutchess..I'm having a kind of OF day...and my mind is gone blank..Maybe I'm getting old..?
-Of-course you are getting old dearest Dutchess -answered Miss Moussie with a grin..but not tonight...you just need a little light..;)  Come with me..we will go outside and wait for the clouds to shift..to watch the moon..And if the clouds don't shift I'll just summon it...the moon...I can do that you know...Miss Moussie is always very confident..!

Well...Miss Moussie did not have to repeat this suggestion..within minutes a Mouse and a Dutchess were climbing the Hilltop !

We could join them...and just wait for the winter-wind ..It will move the clouds ..change the shadows into light..it will....



Art by The Dutchess
to be continued 

xoxo



2 comments:

Mapi said...

Ach lieverd, ik heb het verhaal gelezen, het ontroerde me .....

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

This is what I've been craving for months, maybe even a few years now....as the light has dimmed in Nowhere (but it's still there...), I have literally "mourned" the loss. But yesterday when I saw this image on Instagram then read your good news that it was a post, I had to wait until my "magic hour" early in the morning before I meet the harshness of the work day, to come and see for myself. I feared that the comment "door" would be locked, but I see Mapi is here, and now, myself.

Dutchess dear, Miss Moussie, she is still the harbinger of light, and thank goodness she has come back to light the candle in your heart, in mine. Let us continue lighting the candles of the imagination in 2019?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin